Winston NC - The 2015 AIF owners meeting will be September 11th-13th. The league's brass is expected to discuss several key topics, including potential rule changes and changes to the Operations Manual.
The meetings are in a warm, beautiful setting, and this year's will take place in Winston, NC. Teams will be headquartered at the Double Tree by Hilton in Winston. The meetings will take place at D1 Winston-Salem - D1 Sports Training.
Here's an overview of what's going to happen and some storylines to watch:
- Friday September 11th 2015: Press conference at 2:30 p.m. where Commissioner/Owner John Morris will address the media
- Saturday September 12th, 2015: AIF owners meeting 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Owners officially vote on rule changes.
- Sunday September 13th, 2015: AIF golf outing. All of the owners will have a chance to meet on the golf course and mingle prior to leaving the Winston area.
Listed are the rule proposals that will be considered this week at the owners meetings.
1. Allow a coach to challenge any officials' decision except scoring plays and turnovers (Submitted by the competition committee)
2. Allow an unsportsmanlike conduct foul at the end of a half to be applied to the ensuing kickoff. (Submitted by the competition committee)
3. Prohibit backs from chopping a defensive player engaged above the waist by another offensive player outside the area originally occupied by the guard. (Submitted by the competition committee)
The AIF will also vote on key elements of the By-Laws.
States John Morris Commissioner/Owner, “As a league, it is always good to have your owners meeting this early in the offseason.” Morris goes on to say, “We are looking forward to a productive meeting to further solidify the AIF.”
For all of the latest information on the AIF follow them on Facebook or visit www.AIFProFootball.com